LEE VISCO-JET® MICRO-MIXER
The Lee Visco-Jet Micro-Mixer uses aerospace technology to provide the ultimate in static mixing efficiency. A series of 36 critically controlled spin chambers subject the incoming liquids to a vigorously repeated mixing process. No electrical or mechanical input is required – the mixing energy is drawn from the liquids themselves.
Two sizes are currently offered, differing primarily in their internal volume, to provide the user a selection to optimize system performance.
- Low Internal Volume – 10 µL and 250 µL Models
- Special Sizes as Small as 3 µL Available
- Material – 316 Stainless Steel
- Maximum Flow – 45 mL/min. at 70°F 6,000 psid Water
- Screen Protected Passages
- Zero Dead Volume
- Proof-tested to 10,000 psi
Each mixing chamber induces tangentially spinning fluids to reduce their radius of rotation to allow passage into the next chamber, thus increasing angular velocity.
This rapidly spinning column of liquid must then reverse its own direction of rotation in order to progress to subsequent spin chambers.
The result is a vigorously repeated mixing process.
|SPIN CHAMBER||MIXING ACTION|
The mixing in a Lee Visco Mixer is a relatively brief process. As shown in the table below, the throughput time of the mixer is directly related to the flow rate. The more flow, the briefer the throughput time. It is during this throughput time that the two input flows are combined together for mixing.
|THROUGHPUT TIME (SEC.)||PRESSURE DROP
|10 µL MIXER||250 µL MIXER|
Any irregularities in either of the input flows will tend to be time averaged during the throughput time of the mixer.
(Unless otherwise specified, dimensions are in inches [mm])
(Click on drawings to enlarge)
- Wetted Materials: 316 Stainless Steel
Au/Ni Braze per AMS 4787
- Proof Pressure: Tested to 10,000 psi
- Passage Size: 130 micron nominal
- Internal Protective Filtration: 17 µ nominal, 45 µ absolute
- Lohm Rate: 130,000 Lohms ±15%
- Internal Volume: 10 µL and 250 µL
- Fittings: Compatible with Swagelok® chromatography fittings
(tubing and couplings are customer supplied)
(click for drawing)
|TCMA0120113T||10||316 Stainless Steel|
|TCMA2520113T||250||316 Stainless Steel|
|TCMA0110113T||10||316 Stainless Steel|
|TCMA2510113T||250||316 Stainless Steel|